Did you know that adding collagen to your morning routine could change your life for good?
By now, if you’re someone who is a health freak, you must have become familiar with what collagen is and about its potential health benefits. Nevertheless, despite having heard about everything, you must be wondering about whether or not there is any scientific proof to back these claims. The guide that we offer you today will tell you some interesting things about how you can add collagen to your morning routine to change your lifestyle for good.
Collagen – What is it and why is it necessary for your body?
In order to know why collagen is so necessary for your health, you require knowing few things like:
- Collagen is a protein which is most abundant in the human body and at the same time it is also the most important proteins which the body requires for functioning properly.
- Collagen is responsible for sending out vital signal to the cells of your body. These are the signals which fight against damaged cells and all other sorts of inflammation of the body.
- Collagen is a sort of glue which is capable of holding your body. As this is major part of our body that is found in the connective tissue, collagen is able to keep the integrity and structure of the muscle tissue, skin, tendons and bones.
- The production of collagen declines in a pretty natural way when you start getting older. You may require choosing collagen supplements to meet the requirements of the body.
Adding collagen to your morning routine
When there is less collagen in your body, your skin will start sagging and wrinkles will start forming in your skin. This is an inevitable sign of aging and everyone has to go through it, whether men or women. It is rather a gloomy fact that there will come a time when you won’t be able to retain your youth. While there are several things that you can do in order to slow down the process of aging, if not stop it, one among the best tricks is to add collagen to your diet.
Collagen is a smooth white powder which can sprinkle on your smoothies, on your coffee and tea everyday in the morning. Someone who has been having collagen will know that it hasn’t got a taste of anything but the benefits that you may reap are simply commendable. People who have been taking collagen with their morning routine have seen these so far:
- No more scars, cellulite or stretch marks
- Gut has been healed and this is particularly good for people who’ve got several types of food sensitivities or any other auto-immune disorders
- Cures wrinkles, shrinks down the pores of the skin and also adds moisture to the skin so that you can get an immediate glow.
- Reduces all your sugar cravings.
- Helps with inflammation, joint pain and also stiffness
- Aids in losing weight as collagen is a protein which keeps you full and also satisfies your hunger for a long time. Your body can also stabilize the levels of blood sugar when you take collagen
- Strengthens your nails, makes your hair fuller and takes care of your teeth
- Promotes energy and concentration
Evidence based benefits of collagen you should be aware of
#1: Protects you from Alzheimer’s and safeguards your brain
There is a kind of collagen called Collagen IV which can play a pivotal role in preventing any development of Alzheimer’s disease. When you increase the consumption and intake of collagen, you will be able to create a shield for your brain so that it can fight the amyloid-beta proteins which are the main things in causing Alzheimer’s disease.
#2: Cures leaky guts and IBS
IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome and leaky gut are the 2 conditions which can occur when the lining of the stomach and digestive tract become irritated and inflamed. Due to poor diet, stress and any specific prescription medicines, IBS can be caused. A sedentary lifestyle and consumption of alcohol can also lead to IBS. You may opt for Great lakes collagen which can be a source of bone broth or the best form of collagen which can cure leaky gut and IBS.
#3: Prevents and cures heart issues
Did you know that collagen also plays a role in reducing your level of cholesterol and preventing all sorts of heart issues? As per a study, few participants were asked to take collagen 2 times a day for 6 months. They found a considerable reduction in the level of bad cholesterol and they also found that collagen prevented building up of plaque in the arteries. Plaque can lead to clogged arteries preventing blood flow to different portions of the heart. Hence, it protects you from stroke or heart attack.
Therefore, now that you understand the importance of collagen for your body, start taking supplements along with your diet. It’s high time you begin to pay attention to your health and focus on the foods that you intake throughout the day.