We’re The Millers was a movie that came out in 2013 and featured a character who gets the words “No Ragrets” tattooed on his chest. While this may seem like a cool, carefree attitude to have, the truth is that men should think twice before getting tattoos – especially if they’re not 100% sure about what they want. Tattoos are permanent, and once you get one, there’s no going back. So if you’re thinking of getting a tattoo, make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into!
In this article, we’ll explore some of the reasons why men should be careful before getting inked.
Don’t be Scotty P, get your tattoo ragret free
While it may be funny to watch a character like Scotty P get a tattoo that he later regrets, it’s not so funny in real life. Tattoos are permanent, and if you end up regretting your ink, you’re stuck with it for the rest of your life. That’s why it’s important to make sure you want a tattoo before you get one.
In case you need some convincing, here are a few reasons why men should be careful before getting a tattoo:
- Tattoos are permanent. That’s right – once you get a tattoo, it’s there for life. So if you’re not sure about the design, or you change your mind later on, you’re stuck with it.
- Tattoos can be painful. If you’re not into pain, then a tattoo is probably not for you. The process of getting a tattoo involves having needles repeatedly poke your skin – and it can be pretty unpleasant.
- Tattoos can be expensive. If you’re not careful, you could end up spending a lot of money on your tattoo. So make sure you know what you want, and shop around for the best price.
- Tattoos can be dangerous. There are a few risks that come with getting a tattoo, such as infection and allergic reactions. So make sure you do your research and visit a reputable tattoo artist.
- Tattoos can look worse over time. As you age, your skin will change and your tattoo will start to look faded and blurry. So if you’re not prepared for that, then a tattoo might not be the right choice for you.
- Tattoos will make it easier for you to be identified. In this day and age, tattoos can be used to identify people – even if they don’t want to be identified. So if you’re not comfortable with that, then a tattoo might not be right for you.
I’m not telling you to avoid getting a tattoo at all costs, I’m just saying that you should think carefully before making such a permanent decision.
And if you do decide to get a tattoo, make sure you visit a reputable artist who can give you a quality design that will last a lifetime. I’ve repeated this a few times and will probably say it again, because I’ve seen some truly awful looking tattoos from people looking to save a few bucks.
How to avoid getting a tattoo that you ragret
So you’ve spent a lot of time soul searching and decided on a tattoo that won’t look idiotic and cause you and your family shame. Now what?
- Do your research. If you’re thinking about getting a tattoo, take the time to do some research first. This way, you can be sure that you’re getting a design that you’re happy with, and that you’re going to love for years to come. You can even try hanging a photo of the design on your wall for a year and seeing if you still like it at the end.
- Find a reputable artist. When you’re ready to get your tattoo, make sure you find a reputable artist who can give you the design you want. Yes, you can get a tattoo for $10 in Las Vegas, but why would you ever do that?
- Listen to your gut. If you’re ever in doubt, it’s always best to listen to your gut. If you’re not sure about something, don’t do it! As I said repeatedly, tattoos are – for all intents and purposes – permanent. You probably don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on laser tattoo removal. I hear that it’s pretty painful too.
So there you have it – some food for thought before you get inked. Tattoos are a big decision, so make sure you think about it carefully before you take the plunge.
Have you ever regretted getting a tattoo? What would you say to someone who is thinking about getting one? Let me know in the comments below!