Stealing of Car is common in Ireland which is a major concern for the people living here. Ireland’s central statistics office published a report about the vehicle theft incidents that happened in 2015. It states over 6000 registered crimes over a period of one year.
The report also states that goods valuing over €400,000 is stolen from these cars. The report highlights the striking fact that the car theft rate in Ireland is almost double that in the UK.
According to survey conducted by thaa.ie, an Ireland Car Insurance provider, nearly one in five drivers admit to leaving valuable items vulnerable In their automobile on an occasional basis, increasing the probability of their car being broken into at the process.
While 44 percent of respondents said they do, 5.7 percent of over 6,000 Drivers surveyed said they regularly left valuable things exposed, 2.62% stated they did so daily, together with 11.22% stating they seldom did so and 34.87% confessing to being deprived of it onto a rare occasion.
While just over 40% of drivers said they constantly keep their car keys stored in a secure and discreet place at their house, meanwhile, a bit under 40 percent (14.35% per day, 20.67% regularly) said they maintain them in a place where they can readily be seen by a home intruder or someone who doesn’t have permission to use the car.
If you don’t want to become a victim of this serious crime, stick to this list. The AA given up the following proven tips to slash the risk of your car being stolen or broken into.
Let’s get started.
The top 10 Tips to slash the risk of your car being stolen in Ireland
- The first proven tip to slash the risk of your car being stolen is to keep it inside a garage. The chances of stealing a car from a garage are less compared to leaving it on the street.
- Make sure to install a motion detector light in case you parked your vehicle on your driveway.
- Whenever you visit any shopping mall or marketplace, park your car near the car park’s main entrance. This reduces the chance of theft as in busy area there are more passersby.
- In case you have to park your car on the street, make sure to park it in busy areas like in front of a restaurant or bars.
- Always remember putting the front of the car facing an obstacle. Make sure you have also turned the wheels towards the curb. Do so you can stop the thieves to roll the car, in case they can’t start the engine.
- Apply a simple trick to put an alarm sticker on your car’s window. You might fool the thief to get away from your car.
- Lock the steering wheels using a club-lock. Although it is not a difficult task to remove it, it creates some problem for the thief to steal your car.
- Install an aftermarket in your car in case you don’t have an immobilizer fitted in it.
- Take all your valuables and belongings like wallets, coats, jumpers, etc. with you after you park your car.
- Never leave your car engine in running condition. This gives thieves an easy opportunity to steal your car.
You can easily minimize the risk of your car being stolen in Ireland by following these simple tips. Be mindful when you park your car and never leave any valuable Inside. You can minimize some losses if your car is insured.