Modern parents work daily to provide their kids with everything they might need. Sometimes it arises from the sheer guilt of being unable to spend time with kids due to a crazy schedule. So, they tend to compensate for that by providing more than a child needs. The current trend in the market that’s managed to draw every child’s attention is cubby houses for kids.
You can host a truckload of programs in that cubby house, from tea parties to play dates. Do you need to learn about this concept as a whole? Well, then, this guide is for you!
Understanding A Cubby House
A cubby house is a larger version of a toy house, with the only exception that it can accommodate your child and their friends. At the same time, it’s not as big as a real house. Know that it will serve as a learning paradise for young minds. How, you ask? Well, kids develop and learn by imitating adults. A cubby house resembles an actual house that will allow your child to imitate handling household chores playfully.
The miniature construction will never seize to amuse your child. Besides teaching valuable lessons, it’ll also make them forget about screen time. However, there are certain key factors that you should take into consideration as modern parents after installing a cubby house. They are:
- Regular inspection: Inspect the space and look for sharp edges or loose nails. Make sure that your child is playing in a safe environment.
- Safe location for installation: Consider all the safety factors while choosing a location to install the cubby house. A stable and even ground is a must. Plus, you should avoid installation near busy roads. All this ensures that the kids have fun without any adversities.
- Supervise: Keep an eye out on your little ones while they’re playing inside the cubby house. On the one hand, you can ensure their safety. While on the other, you can teach practices for safe playing for better playing.
- Age-appropriate accessories and furniture: Opt for the size of a cubby house based on your child’s age. If they’re young, choose a smaller one. Similarly, the furniture and accessories must be of the same size. Even a slighter bigger element could potentially ruin their experience of the cubby house. So, stick to the age-appropriate list.
Perks of Installing Cubby Houses
Below are a few benefits that’ll convince you as modern parents to buy cubby houses online. Let’s dive right in.
1. Increases physical activity
Cubby houses have many elements, such as climbing nets, monkey bars, etc. It contributes to the overall physical development of a child. Climbing through the nets gets the upper body worked and strengthens the bone. Pediatricians often advise kids to engage in activities that involve carrying weight. Since it keeps children physically active, there are lesser chances of obesity and diabetes in kids.
2. Inculcates problem-solving skills
Cubby houses are home to the kids. Inside the miniature homes, they keep things organized and customize the space accordingly. Surprisingly, some cubby houses have additional spaces, such as workbenches and kitchens. It provides that ultimate spark for all sorts of learning expeditions and imaginary games. For instance, the kids can pretend to cook or build. Hence, the cubby houses bring endless problem-solving possibilities.
3. Expand imagination and creativity
At an early age, children love creating a whole other world in the fragment of their imagination. A cubby house provides space to expand that imagination and allows for creativity. The miniature house can be customized as per the child’s wish. On the other hand, you can find cubby houses online with certain themes. Playing in a flexible space like this fosters faster mental development of your child. Let your little ones create their magical world without any hint of boundaries.
4. Promotes family togetherness
Did you know that cubby houses also bring the family closer together? Yes, it’s something where you can establish a strong connection with your child. Plus, it also contributes to sibling bonding. While boys enjoy climbing and jumping over the playhouses, girls usually love hosting tea parties or playing in cubby house kitchens. The unstructured adventures allow children to bond with their parents and siblings over their love for cubby houses. It teaches kids about sharing, conflict resolution, and cooperation. They’ll learn necessary life skills while having the most fun.
Modern parents always struggle to balance work and raising their kids. Installing a cubby house is your best bet if you’re among such people. Work without guilt, knowing your child is engaged and having fun at home. Not only does it provide a special private space, but it also fosters the development of essential life skills.