Valentine’s Day can certainly challenge the heart when your loved one is an ocean away. It’s all too easy to find yourself gazing at the phone, yearning for a connection that makes those miles feel like mere steps.
Interestingly enough, studies suggest that long-distance couples often share more profound thoughts and emotions with each other compared to those who are physically close. My explorations have led me to uncover 25+ inventive ways to ensure this Valentine’s Day remains etched in your memory, no matter how vast the distance may seem.
So settle in and allow these sparks of inspiration to transcend any boundary!
Use technology to have virtual dates like watching movies together, cooking over video chat, or taking online classes.
Send personalized gifts such as custom music code keychains, Lovebox messages, or a virtual reality headset from places like Amazon and GameStop.
Create shared experiences by planning future trips, doing arts and crafts together, or writing love letters to strengthen your bond across the distance.
Table of Contents
Virtual Date Ideas for Long-Distance Valentines
Let’s face it, the miles between you and your valentine can’t dampen the sparks—thanks to tech-savvy solutions that bring date night right into your living room. Imagine laughing together through a virtual game or sharing whispers over video chat; these dates keep the romance alive, no matter the distance.
Arrange a video chat date
I set up a video chat date to make Valentine’s Day special, even from afar. It’s like being in the same room, only we’re each cozy in our own spaces. We get creative and add journaling or appreciation notes to really connect with each other.
Sharing stories about why we value one another adds a deeper emotional touch to our conversation.
Cooking together over video chat is a fun twist I love on this day. We pick a recipe, cook the same meal, and then sit down to eat it “together.” It feels just like those times when I could surprise her with dinner at home.
The distance melts away as we share laughs and updates while enjoying the meal we’ve made—Video chatting bridges that gap between us on days when making her feel special matters most.
Watch a movie together
Pick a film and watch it together with your long-distance love this Valentine’s Day. It’s easy – just use Teleparty to sync up the movie, so you both can enjoy it at the same time.
You get to laugh, cry, or jump in fear together as if you’re sitting side by side.
Turn your virtual movie night into an event. Make some popcorn, get cozy under a blanket, and video chat as you watch. This way, you share reactions in real-time and feel close even when miles apart.
It’s about creating that special experience where distance fades away for a couple of hours – perfect for making Valentine’s Day memorable and full of love.
Attend a virtual concert or museum
After you’ve watched a movie together, why not step it up? Go for a virtual concert or museum tour. You’ll share an exciting cultural experience without leaving your home. It’s like taking her on an elegant date, but you’re both comfy in pajamas!
You can find tons of online events that bring the thrill of live music right to you. And if art is more your thing, many museums offer tours where you can gaze at masterpieces together.
This way, even miles apart, you connect through shared passions and create new memories this Valentine’s Day.
Plan a virtual game night
I’m setting up a virtual game night for Valentine’s Day—it’s a killer way to have fun with my long-distance love. We’ll pick out some online games and dive in, just the two of us or maybe with other couples if we’re feeling social.
It feels like we’re back together, laughing over some friendly competition.
Choosing the right games keeps things exciting. I’m thinking quick-paced trivia or cooperative strategy games where we can team up. The key is finding games that click with both our styles, so the good times roll without any lags or glitches! And hey, it doesn’t hurt to let her win once in a while— although she usually beats me fair and square.
Take a virtual paint and sip class
Grab your paintbrush and a glass of wine, and join me for a virtual paint and sip class. It’s a blast—you get to create art together even though we’re miles apart. You don’t need to be a pro; these classes are designed for fun and connection.
We’ll laugh, maybe spill some wine, but that’s all part of the adventure.
Choose from different companies offering classes at times that work best for us. They send out all the materials—paints, brushes, canvas—so everything is ready to go when class time rolls around.
Think about it: you can discover your artistic side with a brush in one hand and your favorite beverage in the other—and do it all alongside me. Let’s make this Valentine’s Day creatively unforgettable!
Creative Gift Ideas for Long-Distance Valentine’s Day
Absolutely, being apart on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean the gifts have to be any less thoughtful. Imagine their surprise when they unwrap a gift that’s not only perfect but screams ‘I get you’ from miles away—whether it’s something personalized that tugs at the heartstrings or an innovative gadget that brings you closer despite the distance.
Let me dive into some imaginative gift ideas destined to make your long-distance sweetheart feel adored and cherished.
I’m choosing a classic move here – sending flowers. It’s timeless and shows I care, even from miles away. Imagine her surprise when a beautiful bouquet arrives at her doorstep! Plus, it’s so easy to do online now.
GameStop offers an option for $171, but there are plenty of other sites with different prices and arrangements.
Picking out the perfect flowers can make her feel special and remind us both that distance doesn’t dull romance. Just after she gets the blooms, we’ll jump into planning our virtual paint and sip class together—it’s going to be a blast mixing colors apart yet together.
Create a personalized beer flight for your partner
Think about what she loves when you pick out beers for her flight. Go for a mix of her favorites and some new ones from different places she’s never tried. Make it special by packing them in a unique box or crate.
You can even add customized tags explaining why each beer is in there, maybe one reminds you of your first date or an inside joke.
Take it up a notch by throwing in some cool beer glasses or coasters. Check if it’s okay to send alcohol through the mail where she lives, so your surprise doesn’t hit any snags. This way, even though you’re far apart, she’ll taste the thought and effort you put into her Valentine’s Day gift with every sip.
Custom Music Code Keychain
I just found this cool gift idea, a custom music code keychain. It’s not your average keychain; you can personalize it with a song that means something special to both of you. Every time she looks at her keys, she’ll think of you and that tune you share.
It’s like sending her a mixtape in a modern way! Plus, it’s easy to carry around, so she’ll always have a piece of your heart with her.
Picture us listening to our song apart but feeling together—it’s what the custom music code keychain does for us. It bridges the gap between long-distance relationships by tapping into the power of music.
This little gadget isn’t just another item on her keyring; it’s your anthem encased in metal, reminding her that distance is no match for our connection.
Lovebox Love Note Messenger
Check out the Lovebox Love Note Messenger for a special way to send love notes. It’s perfect for those moments when you want your partner to know you’re thinking of them. This cool gadget lets us stay connected by sending silent messages anytime, without disturbing their day.
You can pick one up on Amazon for about $100—it’ll definitely make her smile and feel closer to you, even if miles apart.
Imagine getting a message during a busy workday, just knowing it’s from your loved one can lift your spirits instantly. Put down that phone and give this unique messenger a try. Your partner will see the heart spinning and know something sweet awaits them inside the box—a romantic gesture that beats texting any day! Plus, with its easy setup and simple use, Lovebox fits seamlessly into our lives.
It’s an innovative way to keep that spark glowing strong in your long-distance relationship.
Custom Face Pillow
Sending sweet messages with a Lovebox is fun, but imagine giving your partner a hug from afar. That’s where a custom face pillow comes in. You upload a picture of your smiling face and get it printed on a comfy pillow.
Picture this: they’re missing you, feeling down, and then they see your face on their couch or bed! It’s like sending a piece of yourself to keep them company.
A custom face pillow can make any room brighter with memories of happy times together. All you need is that perfect photo that captures your love. And don’t worry about distance; once they have the pillow, every squeeze feels like you’re right there with them.
This Valentine’s Day hit the mark with something truly personal and huggable – just like being wrapped up in each other’s arms again soon.
Virtual reality headset
Hey, want to level up your long-distance Valentine’s Day with something cool? Check out GameStop for a virtual reality headset. They start at $171 and let you dive into games or experiences together.
Imagine battling zombies or exploring new worlds side-by-side, even when miles apart.
Gift her this awesome tech and plan your next virtual adventure. It’s like you’re right there with each other, sharing laughs and thrills. Trust me, it beats the usual phone call by a mile! And who knows? Maybe she’ll ask you to be her valentine all over again when she sees what an epic—and yes, better—boyfriend you are for thinking outside the box.
Experiential gifts are like magic keys to new adventures, even from afar. Imagine cooking together with an online chef or diving into a MasterClass on wine-tasting. These shared experiences can bridge the distance between us, letting us grow and learn together.
I might choose a virtual painting class — we’ll laugh at our artistic attempts and have artwork to remember the day.
Now let’s talk about jewelry that keeps us connected. A couple’s bracelet or necklace is not just another shiny object; it’s a symbol of unity that you both can wear every day, feeling close no matter the miles apart.
Couples Bracelet or Necklace
I get it, being apart on Valentine’s Day isn’t easy. But picture this—the two of you, miles apart, wearing matching bracelets or necklaces. It’s like a secret handshake for your hearts.
You feel the weight of the bracelet around your wrist or the necklace against your chest and smile because they have one too. Personalize them with something that screams ‘us’. Maybe it’s initials, an important date, or even a message only you two understand.
It’s not just jewelry; it’s like holding hands across time zones and continents. Every glance at that piece of metal and string says, “Hey, I’m right here with you.” So go ahead, send that surprise care package but slip in a couple’s bracelet or necklace.
They’ll wear it every day—trust me on this—and feel closer to you than ever before.
Rekindle Memories and Create New Ones
Valentine’s Day isn’t just about creating new memories; it’s a golden opportunity to revisit the heartwarming moments that define your relationship, even when miles apart. Whether it’s through a digital scrapbook or a heartfelt video message, every shared memory is a reminder of the love and history you’ve built together—fueling anticipation for all the future chapters yet to be written.
Recreate your first date virtually
I’ve got a killer idea to hit you right in the feels. Think back to your first date with her—the laughs, the awkward silences, maybe even the butterflies. Now picture bringing that moment back to life, even though miles separate you guys.
Set up a video chat and relive each part of that special day. If you grabbed coffee together, both of you can make your favorite brews while chatting. Ate at a quirky diner? Order similar food from local spots and eat together online.
You could also play the same music that was in the air during your original date, or watch a movie that came out around that time. This is not just about nostalgia; it’s about making new memories atop old ones.
Plus, get creative by sending her something extra—like an item sprayed with your signature scent—to experience another layer of those sweet past moments as if she’s right there next door instead of across cities or oceans.
Make them a book or scrapbook of shared memories
Gather our funniest photos and happiest moments, then put them into a scrapbook. Include those concert tickets from our first date and the sweet notes we’ve sent each other. This book becomes a collection of memories we both treasure.
It’s something tangible that says, “I love you” across the miles.
Add in mementos like beach shells from that trip to Florida or napkins from our favorite café. Every page tells a story of us, making this scrapbook more than just paper and glue – it’s chapters of our journey together while apart.
Ready to dive into something hands-on? Let’s move on to sending a pre-recorded video message for Valentine’s Day!
Send them a pre-recorded video message
I’ll tell you what scores big romantic points: a pre-recorded video message. Picture this – your partner opens their email or messages and there’s a video from you. It’s not just any random video chat; it’s you reciting love poems by Pablo Neruda, or sharing memories that make your long-distance relationship special.
You can even share dreams about the future or simply remind them why they mean so much to you.
Recording a message lets me put all my feelings into words without getting tongue-tied. I get to rehearse and make sure every word is perfect. My partner gets a keepsake that they can watch over and over again, whenever they’re missing me.
And let’s face it, seeing each other’s faces and hearing our voices makes the distance feel shorter. So grab your phone, find good lighting, and start filming that heartwarming message – it might just be the highlight of their Valentine’s Day!
Create a framed photo collage of your partner’s sweetest text messages
After sending a heartwarming video message, take those loving words to the next level. Gather your partner’s sweetest text messages and turn them into art. Choose texts that made you smile or feel loved on tough days.
Print them out and arrange them in a beautiful frame. This photo collage will be a daily reminder of your bond, no matter the miles between you.
You don’t need to be an artist for this DIY gift. Look for frames online or at your local store, then get creative with layout and design. Your partner will cherish this personalized Valentine’s Day present for years to come.
It shows you treasure every word they send your way – literally framing their love and affection as something to display proudly at home or work.
Fun and Unique Activities to Do Together
Dive into a world of shared experiences—even from miles apart—and discover activities that will have you both laughing, learning, and loving the distance; you’ll find even more inventive ways to keep the spark alive in our full list below.
Have a cook-off
Challenge your partner to a cook-off this Valentine’s Day. Pick a recipe you both love—or maybe one that’s totally new. Then, set up your phones or laptops in the kitchen and get cooking! It’s like being in the same room, sharing laughs and mishaps as you both try to outdo each other or work together on a culinary creation.
Show off those chopping skills or that secret spice mix you’ve got hidden away. Maybe it’ll be flambéed shrimp or homemade pasta—whatever dish you two decide on, it’ll definitely spice things up.
Feel free to get competitive; snap pictures of your dishes and have friends vote on Instagram for who did it best. Don’t worry if something spills or burns – these are the moments that make memories hilarious down the road.
Keep teasing each other, throw in some playful bets, and see what delicious results come from a little friendly rivalry in the kitchen!
Do an arts and crafts project together
After showing off our cooking skills, it’s time to get those creative juices flowing with a shared arts and crafts project. Let’s pick out an easy-to-follow craft that you both can do while chatting on video.
You could make matching bracelets or paint small canvases that come together as one piece when placed side by side. This isn’t just about making something; it’s about the laughter and stories shared while creating your masterpieces.
Grab some art supplies from a local store or order them online, then set up a time to create together. While working on your project, you’re not only crafting a unique gift for each other, but also building new memories—memories that bridge the distance between you.
And once finished, send your creations through mail as tangible expressions of love this Valentine’s Day.
Plan a trip together for future
Crafting something together really gets the creative juices flowing, but imagine taking it up a notch by planning your dream getaway. Think about chilling on a sunny beach or hiking through lush forests.
Grab your phone and start brainstorming places to visit and things to do once you’re reunited.
Dream big, laugh about outlandish ideas, and then settle on a trip that screams ‘us’. You could even make a countdown until the adventure begins. Planning ahead gives both of you something thrilling to look forward to—and every time you chat, sprinkle in some flirty messages tied to your future vacation plans.
It’s like setting the stage for an epic story where you both are the stars—can’t wait!
Write a love letter
Just like planning a future trip together sparks excitement, taking a moment to write a love letter adds a deep personal touch. Imagine how their eyes will light up reading your words expressing deep affection.
Grab your pen and pour out those feelings that often go unsaid. Write about the butterflies, the laughs, and dreams you share. Tell them why they mean the world to you.
A love letter is timeless—no fancy gadgets required, just pure emotion and sincerity on paper. Share memories or inside jokes that only you two cherish. Maybe even spritz it with your signature scent before sending; this makes it unique—a fragrance-filled message of longing and love across miles.
Watch the sunset together
After penning down all my emotions in a love letter, I’m ready to set the scene for something truly special. I’ll pick out a perfect spot where the sky meets the sea and get ready to watch the sunset.
It’s not just any sunset—it’s our Valentine’s Day promise at a distance, shared through screens but felt deep in our hearts.
I’ll get on video chat so we can both gaze at that vast canvas, painting itself with oranges and pinks. We will talk about our days and dream about being side by side as dusk turns into night.
This moment is ours—a silent pact that no matter how many miles lie between us, these colors blend into one horizon we both see. It’s simple yet incredibly powerful; this tradition of watching day meet night keeps us connected till we can finally wrap each other in a warm embrace under the same sunlit sky again.
Surprise Ideas for Your Long-Distance Valentine
For those who love to sprinkle a bit of unexpected joy into their relationship, let’s dive into some unforgettable surprise ideas tailored for long-distance couples—because sometimes, the most romantic gestures come from miles away.
Keep reading, and I’ll unveil ways to make your faraway sweetheart’s heart skip a beat this Valentine’s Day.
Surprise your partner in person
I get it, we’re miles apart and missing each other like crazy. But imagine the look on her face when I show up unannounced on Valentine’s Day – pure magic! I plan ahead to make sure everything is perfect.
I book my flight secretly and reach out to her friends or family to help with the surprise. It’s more than just a visit; it’s a bold romantic gesture that shows how much she means to me.
A surprise visit takes our long-distance relationship to another level. It bridges the gap between countless texts and video chats with an unforgettable in-person experience. This Valentine’s Day, nothing says “better boyfriend” like being there in person, holding hands, giving real hugs, and making new memories together.
Sure, it takes effort and coordination, but seeing her joy makes every second worth it.
Send a care package with a cute twist
Imagine packing a box full of surprises for your long-distance Valentine. Tuck in love poems and a stylish carryall bag, perfect for those weekend visits. Add some unique decor items that’ll remind them of you every time they walk into the room.
Mix in practical stuff too—like Apple AirPods Pro so you can chat hands-free or an anniversary journal to jot down future memories together.
Fill their day with joy by sneaking in a Doordash gift card for that special date night meal they’ve been craving. Make this care package scream “thoughtful” as each item reflects what makes your bond one-of-a-kind.
Show them love knows no distance with your creativity and care wrapped up in one neat package.
Order their favorite meal
I’ve got a tip that’s sure to hit the spot—order their favorite meal from that place they love. Whether it’s spicy tacos or creamy pasta, make it happen with a food delivery service like Doordash.
Picture them opening their door to find all those flavors they’ve been missing out on. It shows you remember what tickles their taste buds, even when you’re miles apart.
Listen, guys, this isn’t just about food; it’s about making them feel close to you through something as comforting as their go-to dish. They’ll appreciate the thoughtfulness and savor every bite knowing you arranged it for them.
Trust me, scoring points has never tasted so delicious!
Closing Wisdom on Long-Distance Valentine’s Day Celebrations
Look, being apart on Valentine’s Day can be tough. But it doesn’t have to mean love takes a back seat. With these ideas, you can share laughs, create memories, and keep that spark alive—no matter the miles between.
Show them they’re in your heart and mind with a little creativity and tech help. Let this February 14th be as special as if you were right there together!
FAQs About Long Distance Valentine’s Day Ideas
How can I make Valentine’s Day special in a long-distance relationship?
Even from afar, you can recreate your first date or send love letters — Good Housekeeping suggests embracing the power of smell with a scent that reminds them of you. Surprise random video chats can also add a fun twist!
Is it possible to ask her to be my valentine creatively when we’re miles apart?
Absolutely! Get creative – how about mailing a heartfelt “ask” using Hearst digital media’s tips? You could orchestrate an online treasure hunt ending with your big question.
Can long distance couples enjoy Valentine’s Day activities together?
Yes, they sure can! Plan a workout session over video call; feel close even when you’re not, and show some love for health too. It’s all about sharing experiences, even if it means through the phone.
What are some unique ways to keep the spark alive on Valentine’s Day despite the distance?
Think outside the box — maybe try phone sex? Or perhaps schedule times where you both watch the same movie while calling each other; Hearst magazine media is brimming with these inventive ideas!
Additional Long Distance Valentine’s Day Ideas for Couples
- Send a package of local treats that your partner can’t get in their city.
- Arrange a surprise delivery of their favourite meal from a local restaurant in their area.
- Set up a surprise video call with friends and family for a virtual party.
- Create personalized playlists for each other on Spotify.
- Write a short story or poem dedicated to your partner.
- Plan a virtual sightseeing tour of your city.
- Coordinate a “night out” in both your cities, where you go to the same type of restaurant and share your experiences.
- Send a DIY craft kit and create something together over video call.
- Surprise them with an e-book from their favourite author.
- Plan a future vacation together to keep you both excited and looking forward.
- Stream a concert of a band both of you like and watch it together.
- Have a virtual star-gazing session with the help of astronomy apps.
- Sign up for an online class that your partner has been wanting to take.
- Send a handwritten letter via snail mail for a nostalgic touch.
- Send them your favourite sweater or T-shirt sprayed with your perfume or cologne.
- Coordinate a surprise with their local friends to place a special gift on their doorstep.
- Take a virtual yoga or fitness class together.
- Create a photo album of your fondest memories and send it digitally.
- Do a photoshoot of your day and share it with each other.
- Have a movie trilogy night where you both watch the same movies together.
- Start a two-person book club and discuss the book over call.
- Plan a virtual dinner where both of you cook and eat the same meal.
- Arrange an online shopping date where you both buy something for each other.
- Start an online game night featuring their favourite games.
- Create a personalized crossword puzzle with clues about your relationship.
- Record a video message and send it to your partner.
- Surprise them with an unexpected call in the middle of their day.
- Begin a weekly tradition of “digital date nights”.
- Send a care package filled with their favourite snacks and small items.
- Make a list of all the reasons why you love them and send it.
- Send a bouquet of their favourite flowers.
- Arrange a secret delivery of a homemade item or a family heirloom.
- Learn the basics of your partner’s favourite hobby so you can do it together online.
- Write a song about your relationship and perform it over a video chat.
- Create a digital scrapbook of your best online dates.
- Plan a virtual getaway using virtual reality.
- Generate a list of things you both want to do when you’re reunited.
- Organize a live private concert from a local musician for your loved one.
- Set up a surprise video call date at a location meaningful to your relationship.
- Create a personalized emoji story and send it to your partner.
- Leave a voice note for them to wake up to.
- Plan a surprise virtual picnic at your favourite outdoor spot.
- Compile a list of your favourite jokes and share them.
- Arrange a virtual double date with another long-distance couple.
- Create a website or a blog together.
- Become online gaming partners in their favourite multi-player game.
- Design couple t-shirts online and have them delivered to each of you.
- Send a surprise breakfast delivery to start their day with a smile.
- Sign up for a virtual charity event where both of you can participate.
- Plan to watch a sunrise or sunset at the same time in your own locations.
- Write a fictional story together online with alternating paragraphs.
- Research and share the history of Valentine’s day and its different global traditions.
- Schedule a virtual “spa day” where you both do the same self-care activities.
- Plan a mystery adventure where they must follow clues to find a surprise.
- Go for a virtual walk or run with each other using video call.
- Start a virtual plant-growing contest.
- Share a secret recipe and have them try to make it.
- Plan a virtual back-to-back drawing game where you describe something, and they have to draw it.
- Initiate a “who can find the strangest item” game in your respective homes.
- Send a custom-made piece of jewelry.
- Paint portraits of each other and share them while on video chat.
- Record an impromptu dance video and challenge them to do the same.
- Set a challenge where you both document the quirkiest thing happening in your city.
- Colour coordinate your outfits on video calls.
- Have a daily routine where you both share a motivational quote.
- Send a puzzle that, when completed, reveals a hidden message.
- Make a custom calendar with important dates in your relationship.
- Share a daily fun fact about yourself that your partner might not know.
- Design a custom “coupon book” filled with promises like “one free virtual hug” or “one uninterrupted movie night”.
- Learn to play their favourite song on an instrument and perform it on call.
- Arrange a themed trivia night based on a shared interest.
- Create a shared blog where you both document your daily experiences.
- Play an online charades game over video chat.
- Have a fun online debate on a fun, non-serious topic.
- Send a mystery box filled with small surprises.
- Start a challenge where you both try a new recipe each week.
- Create a custom map marking all the places you have virtually visited together.
- Schedule a virtual wine or beer tasting event.
- Plan a surprise virtual talent show.
- Send a secret coded message that they have to decipher.
- Have a karaoke night where you sing your favourite songs together.
- Do a virtual frequent flyer competition where you see who can earn the most flight points or miles.
- Plan a surprise concert at home and perform it live.
- Send a unique piece of artwork from an artist they admire.
- Start an ongoing online word game like Scrabble or Words With Friends.
- Virtually accompany them to a local event happening in their city.
- Learn a magic trick and impress them over video chat.
- Schedule a virtual tea or coffee date where you both try the same brew.
- Learn a language together using an online language learning app.
- Set a fitness challenge that you both participate in every day.
- Share a moment of silence over a video call where you simply enjoy each other’s virtual company.
- Plan a virtual home tour where you show off your day-to-day environment.
- Share a time-lapse video of your day.
- Watch a sports game live and root for your shared or rival teams.
- Send a custom message in a bottle.
- Start an online photo competition where you both submit a unique photo each day.
- Build an online family tree together.
- Start a virtual pet sharing event where you share updates about your pets.
- Embed a hidden message in your regular chats that they have to find.
- Send a bouquet of virtual flowers with a heartfelt message.