Consider this a micro-review of Legent Bourbon, with a bonus recipe for a fantastic Old Fashioned thrown in for good measure.
So what do I think? Simply put, it’s quite clean and smooth. It actually reminds me of some Japanese whiskies I’ve tried over the years, which is interesting.
The sweetness is there, but it doesn’t really fill you out. It’s a sort of “dark sweetness” that can only be described as a dry alcohol-bodied fruit drink or a dry alcohol-rich dark.
How to make a cocktail with Legent Bourbon
- 2 oz Legent Bourbon
- Bar spoon of maple syrup
- 1 dash of Fee Brothers walnut bitters
- 1 dash of Bittermen’s Xocolatl Mole bitters
- Combine in a mixing glass and stir until chilled over ice
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube
- Express and place orange peel in the glass