In our everyday life, we are swamped with many time-draining activities that leave us exhausted and not in the mood to spend much time in the kitchen. Work, college, and sports can take up a huge part of our day, so time management is challenging to achieve. This may lead us to abandon all sense, give up on our eating habits, and overspend on takeout, which, in the case of living with your partner, can cause tension in the relationship. Truth is, it’s all about 50-50 when sharing responsibilities; stepping in to help will surely bring a smile to your partner’s face and contribute to a happy, healthy, and stable relationship.
Of course, when it comes to cooking, you either have it or fail terribly at it. After all, so many ingredients, recipes, instructions, and variables can be overwhelming. But fear not, today we bring you some very convenient tips to guide you through the kitchen and impress your partner most romantically and thoughtfully there is. Continue reading and learn useful tricks to spice up your cooking skills without hassle.
Pick your ingredients wisely
It’s great that you want to try new things, but you can do so much with what you already have that there is no need to get too creative and over the top. Sticking to the basics can be a lifesaver, and you don’t need to run off to the grocery store to prepare a delicious meal.
What are the basics? You can never go wrong with pasta, rice, chicken, or steak. There are plenty of quick and easy recipes online with the ingredients you have at home. If you want to take it up a notch, maybe find alternatives for the ingredients, like a regional specialty or a special edition. The preparation doesn’t necessarily have to change drastically. Still, you can adapt simple ingredients into fine dishes, for example, changing basic white rice to the sweet jasmine rice that girls usually love: https://mahatmarice.com/products/jasmine-white-rice/.
If we are unfamiliar with many recipes, we can’t wait until the last minute to think about what to prepare that day. A helpful tip is to plan the meals at least the day before; that way, you can lay out the ingredients you will need beforehand, and if you require something extra, you will still have time to stop by the store.
Practice is key
We can’t be an immediate pro the moment we pick up a pan, so to become at least decent in the kitchen, we have to do it over and over again to get a hold of it. However, try to keep the rookie mistakes to yourself and the culinary achievements to bedazzle your girl.
If you are clueless about where to start, here is a foolproof 5-ingredients recipe for motivating and testing your skills. Here is what you need:
- 1 lb of chopped, skinless chicken meat.
- 3 cups of cooked rice.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
How to: Chicken fried rice
- Cook the rice to your taste; you can use instant rice and prepare it in the microwave following the instructions.
- Make sure the chicken is boneless before cutting it into small chunks.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, spray it with oil and throw in the chicken and already-cooked rice. Mix them together and around the skillet for about 2 minutes.
- Open up a gap in the middle of the rice and chicken and pour in the 2 eggs already beaten.
- Once the eggs bubble up for a moment, use a spatula to fold them into the chicken and rice. Continue mixing until the chicken, eggs, and rice are thoroughly combined.
- Add the frozen peas, carrots, and soy sauce. Stir for about 1 minute. You will notice the heat of the skillet quickly defrost the peas and carrots, but beware not to overcook.
- Remove from the heat -and if you feel brave- try topping it with sliced green onion or other greens available.
You got yourself an easy, quick, and delicious meal; now you can open up your wings and show off your great cooking feat.