Agriculture is the most important sector in the entire world without it human beings will die hungry. The agriculture sector employs persons which placed it as the second-largest sector in the entire world. Modern agriculture technologies need to produce it more easily and smartly.
The agriculture sector is dependent on nature completely when something wrong happens in the climate it affects agriculture. Also, various worst climate changes like global warming and bad weather changes cause a danger to agriculture.
Now it is time to educate the farmer to adopt new technologies to get agriculture done more easily and also reduces the cost of production and labor.
Modern Agriculture technologies that made farming easier are as follows:
- Soil and crop sensors: the types of equipment can read the health of the crop and essential nitrogen levels in the water. Sensor technology measures the ground floor, soil characteristics like ph level, electrical conductivity of soil, and organic matter content. The sensors are durable and also affordable. It keeps the farm environment friendly by limiting erosion, conserving water, and reducing fertilizer levels in lakes.
- Robot Farmer: Robots and self-driving tractors are a way to automatically control the cost of payroll. Some tractors are controlled by sensors that perform some specific tasks and some are human-powered. These robots are guided by GPS tracking.
- Weather Tracking: there are weather services that are available online that focus on agriculture which can be accessed on the mobile phone via mobile apps. This technology helps farmers to know about hail, frost, and other weather conditions so that they can take precautions and take action to mitigate the worst impact on crops.
- Crops connected with Wi-Fi:Modern farms have electronic sensors that are distributed in the field which monitors different conditions of crop. This data is sent to the farm’s automatic irrigation system which helps in adding the correct amount of fertilizers through the agricultural pipe to cure it on time. It maximizes efficiency, prevents waste, distributes the right amount of water, and reduces the volume of fertilizer water in agriculture pipes. This data can be accessed from any device even on tablet or mobile phone by farmers.
- Satellite imaging: it captures real-time crop images. The images can be seen in a resolution of 5-meter pixels and even larger than that. It helps in examining the crop as it makes him feel that he is watching it physically rather than on a device. It saves a lot of time and cost for the farmer. This facility can be integrated with other technology that makes farming smarter like soil, crop, and water sensors that will help farmers to receive notifications of them too along with satellite images so that they can take the decision considering all of them.
- Minichromosome Technology: this type of technology holds a lot of information. Using minichromosomes geneticists can add hundreds of traits to the plants. The traits can be nitrogen use and drought tolerance.
- Vertical Farming: in this type of farming the food is produced in vertically stacked layers. The advantage of this type of farming is providing fresher foods in an urban environment at a lower cost and in less time. This is not limited to the only urban environment as it can be used in every area for using the land in a better way for growing crops.
- Pervasive Automation: this technology reduces the workload of the operator. For example, autonomous vehicles are controlled by robots. Most of the farming types of equipment adopt ISOBUS standards that let the farming equipment communicate and can be operated in a plug-and-play manner.
Technology is doing wonders in every field and now in farming too. The technology usage makes the production of the crop faster and cost-efficient too. It is getting more computerized day by day in the agriculture field. A person can use various technologies that are mentioned above to make farming much easier and save themself from upcoming situations by taking measures on time as they get to know about it through technology. The person who adopts technology faster can make farming smarter as compared to others.