The most frequently used form of exercise is definitely running, where millions and millions of people around the world take part every day. They like to try out different types of running, depending on whether they are doing it to stay fit and healthy, or are professional runners who participate in competitions. The best part is that for running, you don’t really need any professional equipment, just a good pair of running shoes, and those you can get for very cheap nowadays, especially with a promo code from The Walking Company.
The biggest benefits the human body acquires from running are strengthening of muscles and bones, improving the work of the cardiovascular system, reducing risks of cancer and other diseases, burning calories which helps in getting an ideal weight.
1) Running works out 26 bones, 33 joints, 112 ligaments, and a whole network of tendons, nerves and blood vessels. It takes 200 muscles to take a step when you run.
2) Running at least 24.6 km per week can reduce risk of Alzheimer’s by 40%.
3) Running a distance of 32 km per week increases your chances of living longer by 20%.
4) Those who run more than 80 km per week have significantly greater increases in HDL cholesterol.
5) The long distance runners had a 50% reduction in high blood pressure.
6) A man running for 5 hours per week has 83% less chances of suffering from an erectile dysfunction, and those running for two and a half hours per week have an increased level of testosterone by 15%.
7) A person can burn 50% more calories by running rather than by walking.
8) Sprinting for 8 seconds and then doing a slow run for 12 seconds in the span of 20 minutes burns 5 times more fat than jogging for 40 minutes.
9) Running while listening to music can boost performance by 15%.
10) An average man has enough energy in his fat stores to run nonstop for 3 days at 24 km per hour.
These are only ten facts which show that running is definitely the healthiest activity people can do, and if you want to read 76 more, take a look at the infographic below.