Let’s start with the most common mechanism; Quartz. You want tranquility and privilege precision? This battery-powered technology is the most accurate and easy to use. You simply need to change the battery about once a year, depending on your use, to keep your watch on time. All our wooden watches are equipped with them.
Are you a sportsman at heart and active enough to keep your watch moving? The self-winding watch will fill you with happiness. Indeed, this type of mechanism requires no battery but requires to be regularly moving so that the watch can recharge.
If the sport is not your hobby and you prefer long yoga sessions, prefer the manual winding watch (or mechanical). The principle is similar to the automatic lift except that it is not necessary to be constantly moving to reload the mechanism! Indeed, you will have to remount manually by stretching a small spring and that about 1 time per day. Note that this mechanism is the least accurate and the oldest. The Alpina watches can be one the best options there.
Watchbands come in multiple materials: Rubber, leather, metal or even wood. Although easily interchangeable over the life of a watch, the choice of a bracelet is not negligible because it represents 50% of the aesthetics of a watch.
Here are some things to consider when choosing your bracelet:
- The type of watch (vintage, classic, modern), the maintenance of the bracelet (The leather will require more than a rubber watch), Resistance (a wooden watch is the ideal).
- The size and thickness of the watch (we will avoid a metal bracelet with a thin and discreet watch).
Color (avoid too much contrast)
- The size of the watch is a criterion not to be neglected.
- Like any fashion accessory, a watch that is too big or too small will be visually degrading.
- A fundamental rule to adopt is that the horns of the watch (which serve to attach the bracelet) should not exceed the wrist. Also note that the longer a watch is, the heavier it will be which can be embarrassing.
- In terms of numbers, if your wrist circumference is less than 15.5 cm, prefer a diameter less than 40mm. In the opposite case, a diameter ranging from 42 to 46mm is ideal.
Casual or Dressed Watch?
- Finally, we will distinguish two main styles of watches: the so-called “casual” watch and the “dressed” watch.
- Depending on the style of dress you want to adopt, you will opt for one or the other.
- The dress watches are generally of a rather sober color and want to be discreet and refined. They are usually found in the professional world. The casual watches are intended on the contrary, showier and mainly bright colors.