Following the news of a phone case/printer hybrid being developed to simplify the process of printing images captured by a mobile phone, we examine some of the applications and programmes making the printing process more efficient and intuitive for your mobile device.
Printing from my phone, you say? It’s the future, my friend. So here are just seven of the best phone apps available to help streamline your printing process whether you’re tethered or on the go.
1) PrinterOn is the printer location tool helping people on the go find their closest printer. Ideal for professionals or individuals in dire need of printing important documentation, helping them find the printer for their needs. Using GPS, the app can be used almost anywhere, and wireless printers can be connected to remotely by any smartphone with the app.
The PrinterOn app is available for free on iOS, here.
2) PrintDirect is the simple, all-in-one print application which can be used with printers from all the top brands. The application makes it simple to print from a range of different devices including laptops, Macbooks, smartphones and tablets. Print Direct, available for free, can make simpler to print from numerous devices simultaneously.
3) Despite being more than 30 years old, 3D printing technology is only now starting to permeate the home market. 3D printers for home use are being developed with increasing regularity with stockists such as Printerland supplying a comprehensive range of units.
Technology advances and refinements have made it possible for home users to utilise 3D printing and the app Sculpteo is designed to make it easier for everyone to print their designs and visions.
4) The HP ePrint Home & Biz app has been developed to make connecting printers to Apple products easier and more intuitive than ever. The app simplifies the process of printing photos, web pages and PDF files as well is Word, Powerpoint and Excel documents from your iPhone, iPad or iPod. The app is available for free from the iTunes store.
5) Developed especially for use with Kodak printer, the Kodak Pic Flick app specializes in photo-quality prints – making it easier to develop your holiday snaps and treasured memories. The app can help amateur and professional photographers wirelessly connect their SD card or phone full of photos directly to digital photo frames – making fantastic keepsakes or presents.
The app has a wide range of editing functions allowing users to pan, zoom, rotate and crop the images.
6) Understanding the increasing demand for an efficient means to print directly from Apple products, Epson have developed this application to allow users to access their printers using iPads, iPods and Macbooks. Available from the iTunes Store for free, the Epson iPrint can help users print a wide range of different documents and files types.
7) Dedicated to helping users print photo-realistic copies of the adventures they have document, the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint is ideal for happy snappers who love taking pictures of their food and uploading to social medias for the whole world to see. The application is well-suited to ensuring the prints are high definition and high of clarity.