The fashion conscious man would have an impressive array of items in his wardrobe, and the list would be frequently added to, as new purchases fill the need for change and variety. Wardrobe space is always a concern, and by storing seasonal items until they are needed, one can usually manage. If you are wondering what the chic guys are wearing this year, here are a few essential items you’ll need if you want to make the right impression.
1. A Black or Grey Tailored Suit – This is a must, as it can be used for many occasions, and made to measure is the only way to go with this essential piece of kit. You might want to add a three piece suit, as this style is coming back, yet again.
2. White Button Down Business Shirts – They go with everything, and are increasingly worn in less formal situations, and tailored is the way to go.
3. Denim Jeans – Timeless and can be worn with just about anything, you will need a dark pair, along with a couple of bleached and torn faded pairs. With all the new additions, your wardrobe might need to make way for something a little bigger, and if you happen to live in Western Australia, there are excellent built in wardrobes designed by pros, and with a range of walk in or fitted solutions, they can provide the ideal storage for all of your clothing.
4. A Selection of Belts – All men wear belts, with perhaps the exception of those who prefer braces, and the belt has always been an essential fashion accessory as it divides the upper and lower body. The best quality goes without saying, and there should be something for the formal occasion, a round of golf, or a rugged hiking session. Custom wardrobes are all the rage, and these have special belt racks that conveniently slide out.
5. A Cashmere Sweater – No wardrobe would be complete without at least one cashmere sweater. Perfect for those spring or autumn evenings, ideally, 3 or 4 of varying shades would give you a mix and match range.
6. White T Shirts – The modern man can never have enough of these, as they can be worn under a shirt in the winter, or they go great with a pair of blue jeans in the summer, and with a range of styles, you can add some variation to your look. Thin cotton is the best material as it allows you to breathe and one can move around in comfort.
7. A Range of Stylish Watches – Even though we all have a clock on our smartphones, the watch is still a required accessory, if you want to look the part, that is. Dinner parties and formal business meetings require something classic and elegant, while a sporty alternative for the beach and for the winter skiing holidays is also a must.
The well-dressed male requires a vast collection of clothing and accessories, and with fashion changing like the wind, a second wardrobe might be a good idea.