Blackjack is undoubtedly one of the most preferred game to play casinos world-wide. Things have been this way for several centuries now. This game of strategy became famous because of the regular wins in the game. Now we take a look at whether the success in the game is real or its just wishful thinking by real money gamblers. This is easily done by exploring the figures which paint a clear picture of what actually happens.
Blackjack Odds: The Figures
Just like any other real casino game, the game of blackjack has odds that can be calculated. It is possible to determine the probability of an event occurring with a certain amount of accuracy. This becomes easier and more accurate when the event occurs several thousands of time. Since the game of blackjack played several millions of times daily it is easy to gather data which is analyzed to give the odds.
The good thing is that blackjack has been around for several hundreds of years. Therefore we do not need to do the complex statistical calculations. Using the Z-statistic together with the central limit theorem is sufficiently difficult.
The Actual figure
Each variety of the game has its own odds, however, there are some generalizations that can be made. There have been a lot of people that have spent a lot of time studying the game of blackjack in order to find the best way to beat the house. Their research has come up with some interesting figures.
Depending on the variety that you choose to play the probability of getting a win is between 42% and 43%. The game can also end in a draw. Odds of that happening are usually below 9% for most versions of the game. When you eliminate the possibility of “pushing” or “draw” the odds of getting a win jumps to above 45%.
The chances of the house winning are larger than that of the player winning. Again it is essential to mention again that these odds are derived after a large number of games played. Millions of hands were used to come up with these statistics. The house is likely to win up to 49% of the time.
According to mobile sports betting casinos , odds for going bust are determined by the rules of the variety of blackjack being played. For games that allow the dealer stand at a hard 17 the probability of the dealer busting is higher than in a game where the dealer stands at a soft 17. The odds of the dealer busting in both cases are around 28%. The player is less likely to bust than the dealer. This improves the players’ odds of getting a win. Players are about 60% less likely to bust when compared to dealers.
Why it is Difficult to Beat the House in Blackjack
Naturally, the casino whether online or land-based has to improve the odds of winning in the casino’s favor. This is what makes the business profitable. There are a couple of measures that casinos and real casino game developers use to reduce the player’s odds of winning. Below are some of the most common techniques used to make the game a little biased in favor of the house.
- The casinos use high numbers decks to play blackjack. This increases the chances of streaks in the game. Although there can be both winning and losing streaks, the odds of players getting winning streaks are significantly less as shown in above sections.
- Decks are shuffled at the end of each hand in versions of the game that are played with fewer numbers of decks of cards. Each time a hand is dealt from the deck the player’s odds of getting a win increase. This is the same reason why in multi-deck blackjack games the cards are recut at 4.5 decks.
- The most important factor that makes the house edge in blackjack higher is that the player is the first to draw cards. This results in the player going bust even before the dealer can. When the player busts the bet is lost in spite of the outcome of the dealer’s hand. So even if the dealer busts after the player the house has already won. This feature increases the house edge from 8% to the current rates.
How to leverage Blackjack Odds to win More Real Money
Blackjack is one of the few gambling games where the use of strategy has succeeded in lowering the house edge. Some players are now regular winners on blackjack tables online and at brick and mortar casinos through the use of strategy.
Tips on how to beat the house at blackjack will improve your in-game decision-making helping you to win more. Below the reasons why blackjack favors the player and thousands of gamblers have made it their favorite game.
- The dealer is forced to hit at 16 meanwhile players can stand on 16. Therefore when the player sees the next cards can bust the hand they can force the dealer at 16 to bust.
- In blackjack, the dealer is restricted in the actions that they can take. The dealer cannot split hands or double down.
- Where the player gets paid 3:2 or even better for a blackjack the house only gets 1:1 for blackjack hands. This makes the game more rewarding to players.