Thanks to a resurgence in the watch industry, wearing watches has become fashionable once again, and there are thousands of watches to choose from.
Modern watches range in price from just a few dollars, to hundreds of thousands of dollars for some of the very exclusive high-end brands and styles. We’re not going to talk about the super-expensive stuff here, but we are going to show you how to save money on some of the more reasonably priced watches, ones ranging in prices from $100 to $1,000+.
Try the Following…
- The first thing you need to know is to avoid buying your watches from a retail store. Unless there’s a big sale or liquidation, you’re going to get ripped off. We all like to support local businesses but when the difference in prices is in the hundreds of dollars, it’s hard to ignore the savings.
- Instead, why not scour the Internet? What’s great about shopping online is that you can compare the prices of dozens of different retailers with a simply a few clicks. Plus, with easy access to customer reviews, you don’t have to splurge to be assured you’re receiving quality; vendors like ShopHQ carry watches from affordable brands like Invicta with simple star-ratings, providing you with feedback that is far more accurate than anything you’d get from a salesperson.
- Now you can start looking at all the fancy watches the online shop has to offer, and in many cases you can save anywhere from 20 – 50% off retail prices. On some of the higher-end watches, this could mean savings of $1,000+.
- Look for specials. If there is a certain watch you fancy, but even the online price is out of your range, keep checking daily. Sometimes the retailer does a blowout price on the (limited) remaining inventory, resulting in big savings.
- Hourly/Daily specials. Some online watch shops have hourly or daily specials. You need to keep an eye on these websites; you could save up to 70% on some watches. The trick is to check the website often and when you see a great deal, jump on it fast because they do run out of inventory pretty quickly.
- Make sure to price match. Some online vendors will actually price match a competing website’s prices, just to win new customers. Most retailers don’t advertise this fact, so you need to email them and ask. The worst that can happen is them saying no, but if they say yes, you could get that watch you really wanted for a great price.
That’s it… really, it’s not that complicated. Most people spend a lot more than they have to because they don’t even try. But you? You’re better than that, right? Put in a tiny bit of effort and save a ton of money on something that you were planning to buy anyway.