Reading the latest on the iPhone 8 it appears that Apple could be planning something mind-blowing for their new device, and rightly so as its ten years since Steve Jobs told us about the first generation iPhone which went on to revolutionize how we communicate with family and friends, source entertainment like the sites that offer bingo or those online casinos that provide variations of all the classic table and card games, slots and instant games to enjoy wherever and whenever you choose.
Many industries have taken advantage of the apps available for smartphones, the gambling industry is no exception. Now you can enjoy the real feel of being at a casino but from the comfort of your own home or wherever you happen to want a bet or wager.
There is no doubt that Apple and its apps have totally changed the way we browse the internet, carry out day to day tasks, enjoy and entertain ourselves, besides using the smartphone for the purposes of speaking with someone.
The latest rumour is particularly interesting as it involves the iPhone deviating a long way from its original design as it includes a foldable display made by LG. This rumour says that Apple have products currently on test, but we forsee that if this is going to happen it will probably take place in 2018 and not 2017.
What Else Can we Expect?
- Possibility of a red coloured iPhone 8 in the pipeline
- The phone is could have in excess of three times as many screen pixels as the iPhone 7
- The new phone is likely to have a bigger screen that could be made from plastic rather than glass
- It is likely that the screen will be plastic if it is to be a curved screen
- The screen is likely to be OLED
- There are to be new and upgraded haptic feedback features
- Wireless charging is on the cards
- It is thought that there are to be improvements on the processor and camera
What Does This all Mean?
Well, some pundits are going as far to say that the iPhone 7 will sell poorly because of the upcoming iPhone 8 which is going to have the most radical of changes which are sure to blow everyone away.
Looking ahead towards a big iPhone launch in 2017, some stock analysts have forecast that the iPhone 8 which will be released on the iPhones ten year anniversary will feature ‘significant innovations.’ One analyst was so confident about the new iPhone that he predicted sales of at least 250 million units during the fiscal year of 2018, this compares with 215 million sales in 2017.
When Could the New iPhone be Released?
If we look at the last batch of smartphones, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus which were released in the latter part of 2016 we could probably expect the new iPhone 8 to also be released in the Autumn. Usually after the release of a new iPhone (7 and 7 Plus) we would expect the next update to be the S update (the iPhone 7s, and 7s Plus.) There is also a possibility of the launch of an iPhone SE 2 next spring. This launch could be put back to the launch with the other S phones in the autumn which would effectively put back the launch of the iPhone 8 until 2018.
- September of 2016 saw the launch of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Possibility of March 2017 being the launch date for the iPhone SE 2
- In September 2017 we can possible expect the launch of the iPhone 7s and iPhone 7s Plus
- March 2018 could see the launch of the iPhone SE 3
- In September 2018 the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus could be launched
*Of course nothing is ever as simple as it seems, although what is reliable is that rumours and speculation will increase until we are put out of misery by Apple.