Did you know that there appeared a so-called “post-pandemic Botox boom” in 2020? Indeed, more and more people all around the world turn to either purely medical or aesthetic procedure that employs botulinum toxin these days.
In this article, we are going to figure out what exactly is Botox and whether it is popular in the USA. So, let’s delve right in.
What Is Botulinum Toxin and What Role Does It Play in a Botox Injection?
Botulinum toxin is a toxic protein that is produced by the bacterium of Clostridium botulinum that affects the way your muscles work by means of relaxing them. On the one hand, it is a dangerous toxin that leads to a potentially fatal disease called botulism in some cases. On the other hand, however, botulinum toxin type A is the main active component of Botox that is efficiently applied by medical professionals in a variety of treatments and cosmetic procedures.
When being more precise, Botox is used to treat the following medical conditions:
- Strabismus (or, as it is also called, crossed eye);
- Excessive underarm sweating;
- Bladder dysfunction;
- Urinary incontinence;
- Migraine (severe headache);
- Cervical dystonia;
A side note: In rarer cases, Botox is also applied to take care as one of the orthopedic injectables.
At the same time, the preparation belongs to minimally invasive treatments that have a wide range of cosmetic applications such as:
- Deep wrinkles reduction (namely, the aesthetic use of Botox is efficient in fighting crow’s feet, forehead lines, folds between eyebrows, etc.);
- Gummy smile correction;
- Jawline contour softening;
Due to the above-mentioned application of Botox, it stands side-by-side with other dermal fillers that are also used in minimally invasive procedures to treat age-related skin issues such as wrinkles or fine lines.
Where to Purchase Botox Online?
In case you have decided to contribute to the popularity of Botox and try it out, you can either buy it locally or order it on the web. If you would like to buy Botox online, put effort into finding a reliable reseller to ensure the proper quality of the preparation.
One reliable online store to buy Botox from is FillerSupplies. This way, you will be able to benefit from a worldwide delivery of original products for wholesale prices.
Is Botox Popular in the USA?
Both medical and cosmetic treatment that involves Botox is extremely widely spread among many patients, plastic surgeons, and other health care practitioners in the USA. When being more precise, the injection of Botox is not just popular but probably the most popular aesthetic procedure in the United States.
For instance, more than two million Botox injections were performed by dermatologists and other doctors in the USA last year. As a result, the cosmetic use of the toxin has overcome the injection of other preparations in terms of its popularity.
Why Are Botox Injections Widely Spread in the USA?
There is a whole bunch of factors why people tend to use Botox more and more these days. Below, you will find the list of the main ones:
- Botox is a solid alternative to plastic surgery. While being way less invasive but nevertheless efficient, Botox treatment sounds like a more secured choice that requires little to no downtime if compared to a surgery performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon;
- The injection of the preparation is safe. Despite the fact that Botox has a number of contraindications, it does not lead to any severe side effects in most cases. Definitely, you might still experience such symptoms as injection site irritation, nausea, or headaches, but they are not life-threatening and are intended to disappear within a short period of time after Botox procedures;
- A Botox injection is affordable. A great number of clients claim that the preparation is cheaper if compared to other methods to smooth wrinkles or fine lines;
- It is durable. After undergoing the treatment, you will be able to enjoy your youthful and attractive appearance for up to 18 weeks;
A safety note: To ensure the safety of a Botox injection practice, make sure to rely on trustworthy health care practitioners. An inexperienced doctor might unintentionally inject the preparation into the wrong muscle. Such injections, in their turn, might lead to unexpected or even harmful health issues.
A Bottom Line
All in all, Botox has already gained extreme popularity in the USA and is still on the rise among American customers these days. While being capable of treating a number of health issues, the preparation is especially widely used for aesthetic purposes. So, how about giving it a try yourself?