Today, CBD oil is one of the most popular remedies for some of the common ailments experienced by many. CBD refers to cannabidiol, which is just one of the hundreds of compounds that are present in the cannabis or marijuana plant. CBD oil is very popular because of its effectiveness, plus the fact that it doesn’t get you high.
Because CBD oil is now widely accepted as a natural alternative to synthetic medications, many dispensaries selling the product are also popping up like mushrooms. To ensure their quality and that they’re safe to use, CBD oil products go through a very rigorous process of manufacturing and extraction.
Learn more about how CBD products are made by reading through below.
To Ensure High-Quality Products, Remember These Qualities Of Manufacturers
CBD manufacturers are under a lot of pressure today as competition is stiff. Plus, the standards set by the law are also very stringent. With so many manufacturers of CBD oil products, you must choose the right ones, such as Cheef Botanicals cannabidiol products. Else, you ‘ll end up with products that are of inferior quality.
To make sure that you’re getting the best value for your hard-earned money, look for these qualities of excellent manufacturers:
- In-depth knowledge of the whole process, from the seeds up to selling in dispensaries. “Seed to sale” system, in terms of processing CBD products, involves tracking the entire process, which includes cultivation, harvesting, extraction, production, distribution, and sale.
- Proof that they’re a real and legal manufacturing entity. The products should always be made in a manufacturing facility that’s legitimate and legal.
- Information where the hemp comes from. Good quality CBD products should always come from hemp plants that are grown in organic farms. This means that the highest cultivation standards are practiced, and no pesticides are used in the growing and manufacturing process.
The Different Processes Of Making CBD Oil
Today, there are many ways to process and extract CBD oil, which is the main ingredient in CBD products. Some of these are the following:
- Winterization. This process of extracting and making CBD oil guarantees high-quality results. Winterization has to do with removing all the undesirable substances that are still present in the hemp, marijuana, or cannabis plant, so that you only end up with the best and purest CBD oil.
In this process, the oil is, then, combined with 200-proof alcohol and frozen overnight. In the morning, the result is run through a filter to make it even purer. The fat should be removed, and all other unwanted impurities.
- Cold Press. This refers to one of the most common processes of extracting hemp or CBD oil. Here, the seeds go through a process of cold pressing to produce hemp seed oil. The resulting CBD oil is very healthy because all of the nutrients and minerals are still present. Then, only health and unsaturated fat are also included.
- Use Of Solvents. For small-scale CBD oil production, the use of solvents is commonly practiced. The most common solvents that are used are ethanol, butane, and isopropyl alcohol. This is a cheaper process of extracting, however, oftentimes, the bitter taste remains.
- Distillation. In this process, whatever CBD oil you have extracted is further refined. This process is known as short path distillation. In order for you to have the purest version of CBD oil, boil the compounds in their respective boiling points. Heat the CBD mixture until all the unwanted compounds wear off. In this process, the oil goes through a distillation tube, where they condense. Then, the process continues only until pure CBD oil is left.
- C02 Extraction. This type of extraction process is rather expensive. But, this results in one of the safest and highest quality CBD products. Here, carbon dioxide is heated up to a critical temperature, so that gas and liquid are pressed to act as a solvent. Then, the raw plant is placed in the extraction chamber.
- Infusion. This is one of the oldest techniques in extracting CBD oil. But, even with the advancements in technology that’s present today, oil infusion is still very much in use. Here, the hemp or marijuana plant goes through a decarboxylation process or heating the plant to a very high temperature to activate the compounds, one of which is cannabidiol. Then, carrier oil is added.
These processes all ensure one result: the CBD products sold and used by the public are safe and of good quality. Remember that good health is an investment for your future, so don’t settle for anything less than the best. Having said that, be careful when purchasing CBD products.
In general, CBD products are created by extracting the CBD from the marijuana plant itself. Then, it is diluted with carrier oils, such as hemp seed oil or coconut oil. When you buy CBD products, you have to make sure that they are of good quality. Else, you might experience adverse side effects instead of the positive benefits.