Winter is upon us, and it’s the time of the year when we start to daydream for hours at work about the perfect tropical getaway. There are thousands of awesome destinations, but the first place that people usually think about is holidays to Mexico. So what’s so special about Mexico and the all-inclusive vacation packages you can find there?
The simple answer is affordability, beaches, hot weather, hot women, and a ridiculous amount of food and alcohol. The first time I experienced an all-inclusive Mexico trip was back in 2009 in the Mayan Riviera. We stayed at a 5-Star resort for just under $1,100 and it was worth every penny.
Benefits of All-Inclusive Vacations – Free Drinks you Say?
- Everything feels “free”. The fact that you’re not pulling out your wallet to pay for every single meal or drink makes the entire experience much more enjoyable. Of course it’s not free but it’s been paid for in advance, and now you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy. Not having to think about the financial aspect of it during your vacation makes the experience much more pleasant.
- An all-inclusive vacation tends to cost less and is ideal for those who are on a “tight” budget. These packages cost less because companies book reservations in bulk with resorts and airlines which help schmucks like us.
- There is no need to plan hotels and restaurants. If you’re staying at a decent resort, will have access to a number of different restaurants. The Grand Sirenis resort I stayed at in the Mayan Riviera has at least seven al la carte restaurants with menu offerings from different parts of the world.
- Tips included! Most all-inclusive packages I’ve come across include tips as part of the price. So technically, you are not obligated to tip although we tipped pretty heavily at the bars and restaurants. When none of the staff members of the resort expect tips, then you know you’re staying at the right type of place.
- Staying on budget is pretty easy when it comes to all-inclusive vacations. Though some people claim they’re expensive, I think they’re just not looking in the right places. The hotel room, ALL food, and ALL drinks are part of the package. The main costs are already taken care of and the only things you need to pay for are souvenirs you may like or perhaps some shopping you may do outside of the resort.
- Options: The beauty of all-inclusive resorts in Mexico is that there are so many to choose from. If you like to party, there are many to choose from near Cancun or Playa Del Carmen. If you like to be in a quieter area with beautiful scenery, further down the Mayan Riviera would be ideal for you.
- Games & Entertainment: Many of the resorts have some sort of entertainment show each night. The entertainment staff may not be Broadway material but still a fun bunch of people to watch as they perform various plays and put their own twist on things.
Those are just a few perks from booking an all-inclusive vacation package. Whether you’re booking your holidays to Mexico locally – or through an online vendor – you’re sure to experience the perks I described, and probably a few I wasn’t able to talk about. 😉
If you guys have anything to add, please leave us a comment below. If you’ve traveled, you undoubtedly have a few stories of your own.