Today, CBD (cannabidiol) is becoming more and more popular worldwide. Surveys suggest that one in every seven adults uses CBD products, which is why the CBD industry is expected to become a billion-dollar industry by the end of 2026.
CBD has been discovered in 1942 but didn’t immediately gain positive responses from the public. People in the past associated CBD with marijuana thinking that the two have the same effects on the body. But the number of CBD users today proves that this stigma no longer exists.
In fact, a lot of people are now using medical CBD because of the following reasons:
Offers Health Benefits
Regular use of medical CBD makes a difference because it has the ability to improve your overall health in many different ways. This works because medical CBD contains compounds that bind with the receptors in your brain and immune system, affecting your endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system regulates important bodily functions, like sleep, mood, and appetite.
Studies have shown that medical CBD may provide the following health benefits:
- Alleviates body pain: Medical CBD may alleviate body pain because it activates the brain’s reward system and encourages it to produce dopamine, which is also a person’s feel-good hormones. Medical CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce joint pain caused by arthritis.
- Improves skin health: Medical CBD may be a great addition to your skincare regime because it may reduce acne by regulating the oil production of the body. Excessive oil is one of the reasons why people suffer from chronic acne. This is because too much oil can trap dirt and dust in the pores.
- Boosts workout performance: Your workouts will provide more and better results when you use medical CBD as it may reduce muscle spasms, helping you recover faster. Medical CBD may also boost metabolism and suppress appetite.
Available In Different Forms
For people who dislike the bitterness of over-the-counter medicines in liquid form or those who are having difficulty swallowing pills, medical CBD can be a great option. Medical CBD comes in many forms, making it easy for anyone to consume the product and add it to their lifestyle.
People from different parts of the globe are encouraged to use medical CBD because they can now buy the product in these forms:
- CBD oil: CBD oil is one of the most popular types of medical CBD today as one can easily add the product to their favorite drinks and meals. You can even buy water-soluble CBD oil for you to experience the benefits of the product fast. Just make sure to check into the pros and cons of such variety so you can manage your expectations.
- CBD vapes: A lot of people are also using CBD vapes today because of how fast they work. When you inhale CBD, your lungs immediately absorb the compounds from the product. These compounds are then circulated through the body. When you vape CBD, you only have to wait for about 15 minutes to feel its effects.
- CBD edibles: If you’re looking for ways to consume medical CBD in the easiest way possible, start looking for CBD edibles. CBD edibles come in many different forms, such as gummies, cakes, chocolates, and even hard candies.
Safe For Long-Term Use
Even though it’s one of the most active ingredients found in cannabis or marijuana, medical CBD doesn’t make a user feel “high” or trigger addiction. This happens because medical CBD and marijuana have different THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) content, which is the compound responsible for the psychoactive properties of marijuana.
For medical CBD to be sold legally, it only has to contain 0.3% THC or less. Marijuana, on the other hand, contains at least 80% of THC. Consuming excessive amounts of THC can induce hallucinations, interfere with how the brain processes information, and trigger memory loss.
Aside from having lesser THC content, medical CBD is also safer because it doesn’t contain harmful chemicals that can damage your organs even after long-term use. Medical CBD can be extracted using natural solvents, such as olive oil and carbon dioxide, or steam.
Ask Your Doctor
Adding medical CBD to your daily routine may be your ticket to improve your overall health as it offers benefits that aren’t available from most over-the-counter medications.
However, before you hop on the bandwagon and start using medical CBD, it’s always best if you consult a healthcare professional first. Medical CBD comes in many forms and dosages, and using the wrong kind will only result in side effects and health risks.