I’ve always been a bar-soap-and-wash-cloth kind of guy, and it’s only recently that I’ve flirted with the idea of switching to a shower poof; you know, the ball of woven recycled plastic that looks like something you would find a seagull choking on. There’s just something about them that never quite sold me. Recently, though, I watched a video for an Axe product called The Axe Detailer Shower Tool – it featured attractive women scrubbing various kinds of balls, and I figured I should at least give the scrubber a try, even if it’s made by Axe.
After having used the scrubber for a few days, I’ve come to the following conclusion – the Axe Detailer Shower Tool is an interesting shower scrubber, but falls short of the mark in a few important areas. Now, before I tell you what I don’t like, I’ll point out some of the qualities that Axe has done an excellent job on.
- Both the scrubbing and later sides of the tool feel solid and tightly woven, leading me to believe that they won’t go to ruin as quickly as traditional shower poofs.
- The scrubber looks masculine and reminds me somewhat of a large tractor tire.
- It doesn’t smell like a frat boy’s locker.
I know what you’re thinking, “that’s a pretty short list!“, and you’re right – I really couldn’t come up with anything else that made the detailer better than a regular shower poof. So on that note, here is what I didn’t like.
- The plastic grip that’s touted as being a wonderful innovation in shower poof gripping technology is actually *more* difficult to hold than a regular shower poof. The moment the thing gets wet and soapy, it starts to become slick and difficult to hold.
- Though both the scrubbing and lather surfaces feel solid, I find them overly abrasive. I wouldn’t want to scrub my sensitive region with this.
- The plastic grip… again. The problem with the grip is that it makes scrubbing ones balls rather difficult. This man-poof clearly isn’t designed to fit between a man’s legs. I found myself jabbing myself in the nuts with the plastic edges quite frequently.
If you’re looking for a more masculine scrubber to clean large surface parts of your body, the Axe Detailer Shower Tool is your perfect companion… I mean, providing you don’t mind abrading the skin off your body.