I’ve always been a bar-soap-and-wash-cloth kind of guy, and it’s only recently that I’ve flirted with the idea of switching to a shower poof; you know, the ball of woven recycled plastic that looks like something you would find a seagull choking on. There’s just something about them that never quite sold me. Recently, though, I watched a video for an Axe product called The Axe Detailer Shower Tool – it featured attractive women scrubbing various kinds of balls, and I figured I should at least give the scrubber a try, even if it’s made by Axe.
After having used the scrubber for a few days, I’ve come to the following conclusion – the Axe Detailer Shower Tool is an interesting shower scrubber, but falls short of the mark in a few important areas. Now, before I tell you what I don’t like, I’ll point out some of the qualities that Axe has done an excellent job on.
- Both the scrubbing and later sides of the tool feel solid and tightly woven, leading me to believe that they won’t go to ruin as quickly as traditional shower poofs.
- The scrubber looks masculine and reminds me somewhat of a large tractor tire.
- It doesn’t smell like a frat boy’s locker.
I know what you’re thinking, “that’s a pretty short list!“, and you’re right – I really couldn’t come up with anything else that made the detailer better than a regular shower poof. So on that note, here is what I didn’t like.
- The plastic grip that’s touted as being a wonderful innovation in shower poof gripping technology is actually *more* difficult to hold than a regular shower poof. The moment the thing gets wet and soapy, it starts to become slick and difficult to hold.
- Though both the scrubbing and lather surfaces feel solid, I find them overly abrasive. I wouldn’t want to scrub my sensitive region with this.
- The plastic grip… again. The problem with the grip is that it makes scrubbing ones balls rather difficult. This man-poof clearly isn’t designed to fit between a man’s legs. I found myself jabbing myself in the nuts with the plastic edges quite frequently.
If you’re looking for a more masculine scrubber to clean large surface parts of your body, the Axe Detailer Shower Tool is your perfect companion… I mean, providing you don’t mind abrading the skin off your body.
Download your Free copy of Secrets Most Men Will Never Know About Women
Join our newsletter to learn the secrets most men will never learn. Get our exclusive eBook for free!